Thank you for your interest in Thoroughbred Charities of America. Our mission is to provide a better life for Thoroughbreds, both during and after their racing careers, by supporting qualified repurposing and retirement organizations and by helping the people who care for them. If your organization works to uphold our mission and has been a 501 c (3) organization for a minimum of one year, we invite you to submit a grant application.
- All grant applications must be submitted via Submittable. The application must be completed in its entirety from one user's account, using one email address for that account. The application does not need to be completed in one session. Data entered is automatically saved to your user account.
- This grant application and all required supporting documents must be submitted by May 1, 2020.
- Grant applications should be concise but complete.
- Joint applications will not be accepted.
- TCA does not provide “seed money”, fund proof of concept requests, or fund first year organizations.
- All applications will be reviewed and considered at our Board of Directors meeting in August. Grants will be distributed to all approved applicants in September.
- There are several supporting documents that must be uploaded or mailed in support of this grant application. Vet reference forms can be mailed or emailed per the instructions in the grant application below. Incomplete applications will be disqualified.
- On occasion, TCA may share information submitted by applicants with our donors.
- On occasion, TCA works with accrediting bodies including the Global Federation of Animal Sanctuaries and the Thoroughbred Aftercare Alliance to gather information about our grant applicants. TCA may share information we collect from applicants with these accrediting bodies.
- Upon completion of this application, click the box to confirm you've read the submission guidelines/terms, and then click the red "apply" button. If you are not redirected to a confirmation screen, your application has not been submitted and you've likely missed a required question. You will also receive a confirmation of application submission via email.
If you have any questions regarding the application process, please email Erin at email@example.com or call (859) 276-4989.
If you have any technical questions regarding this form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.